Affordable Home Services Q&A
We proudly offer a guarantee on our work. In our experience, most general contractors give a garantee for a few years maximum while most contractors do not guarantee their work, period. Here at Affordable Home Services we provide Lifetime Labor Guarantee!!!
There are a few easy ways to tell if you need a new roof. If you’re not sure, contact the experts. We can take a look at your home to determine your needs.
Here are somethings to watchout for – if they’re happening, you may need a new roof:
1. Roof age – the expected lifetime of a roof will vary based on the materials and the enviornment you are in but generally experts estimate 20-25 years.
2. Shingles curling and buckaling
3. Dips or valleys in your roof
4. Missing shingles
5. Chimney flashing failure – is your roof leaking around your chimney? If so, this may be a sign that your flashing has failed and needs to be replaced.
6. Shingle granules in the gutters
7. Daylight through the roof boards.
Do you need a new roof call us today at Affordable Home Services Jim 973-782-6615 OR 973-473-4830
There are some situations that indicate the need for new windows. Here are 7 warning signs that your windows are due for replacing:
1. Rotting – if you see rotting in or around the frame of your window, it may be time to replace them
2. Leaks – if your window is leaking, not only could you experience issues with mold but you may also experience condenstation. This is a big warning flag that your windows need to be replaced
3. Lack of functionality – if your window isn’t working properly and you cannot open it or you are unable to close them properly, it may be time to replace them
4. Drafts – if the outside elements are getting into your home, your current window are likely failing you.
5. Single pane glass – window technology has drastically improved over the years. If your windows are single pane, it’s time to consider an upgrade.
6. Noise – if outside noise has become an issue, you may be able to rectify the issue with new windows.
7. Time for a makeover – if you’re ready for a fresh look to your home, a great way to do that and to increase energy efficiency is by replacing old windows.
Do you need new windowns? Call Affordable Home Services today: Jim 973-782-6615 OR 973-473-4830
It’s a second skin for your house: long strips of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) fashioned to look like traditional wood siding.
Diversity in Beauty
- There is a diverse selection of vinyl siding profiles, colors, textures, architectural trim and other accessories.
- You can now get vinyl siding that can effectively mimic the look of many types of cladding and architectural accents, including wood, stone, and slate.
- Vinyl siding has the lowest total installed cost of any exterior cladding as also the lowest life cycle cost over the life of a home.
- Recent surveys conducted have found that replacing a home’s siding with vinyl siding ranked among some of the best home improvement projects for recouping cost at the time of resale.
- Vinyl siding does not need to be painted and only requires periodic (annual) cleaning with mild soap and water.